Masterworks - Rising Star
Alexander Prior - Guest Conductor
Artemus W. Ham Hall
Doors open at 7 p.m.
$35 Open Seating
$20 for Student
To purchase tickets please call the box office at UNLV
Carl Nielsen Helios Overture, Op. 17
R. Vaughan Williams Norfolk Rhapsody, No. 1 in E Minor
Ludwig Van Beethoven Symphony No. 4 in B-flat Major, Op.60
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky Romeo and Juliet, Overture-Fantasy
A graduate of the St. Petersburg Conservatory with two Masters' Degrees in Composition and in Conducting. Prior's accomplishments include:
- UK conducting debut with The National Symphony Orchestra in 2007.
- Runner-up in the 2009 Leeds Conductors Competition.
- Conducted The State Symphony Orchestra of St. Petersburg, the Seattle Symphony, the National Symphony Orchestra UK, The Royal Philharmonic, The New World Symphony, The Northern Sinfonia.
- Upcoming performances with The Norwegian Radio Orchestra, the Dallas Symphony and the Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen.
- Early 2010 Prior was appointed to the conducting staff of the Seattle Symphony Orchestra.
- A prolific composer whose works have been commissioned by the St. Petersburg Concert Society, for a choral symphony as well as a piano concerto for a Franco - German film.
Opening night with Symphonie Fantastique
September 11, 2010, 8pm
The passion of Tchaikovsky
November 20, 2010, 8pm
The drama of Brahms and the brilliance of Bidini
January 15, 2011, 8pm
Zuill Bailey back by popular demand!
April 16, 2011, 8pm
Two faces of elegance: Mozart and Mahler
May 21, 2011, 8pm